This blog entry is just to show you what I have looked at in terms of research to aid my understanding of what we have learnt.
Networking: is when a group of people from all different disciplines within the arts (and other times out of the arts) join together to creat a networking site, in which everyone can inform everyone about what jobs are about and other news in the arts industry. It is also a great way of making contacts within the industry. I researched into a few networking groups, one of the most recent networking groups I came across is N'emerge Artists. N'emerge Artists - Facebook
Periplum: Periplum is a company run by Claire Raftery and Damian Wright, that focuses mainly on site-specific and outdoor theatre. There a company who recieve rave reviews from 'Total Theatre' and 'The Independent' for there shows, two main ones being 1000 Revolutions per moment and Arequiem. They hold workshops throughout the year, even in Mexico. They have just started incorporating transmedia and smart technology into there performances and are currently in rehearsals for Navigator which is to be performed at Brightons White Night Festival on the 29th Octorber. Periplum - Official site
Future Artists: Future Artists is an independent media and film production company, run by Mark Ashmore and Jenny Inchbald. They create new ideas around films that use new technologies and cultures during different phases of film. They are currently working as consultants to the industry, and organising events to share there skills. Future Artists - Official site
Acting CV: To help me put together my own personal Acting CV I looked at example CV's on the internet to help me get an idea of how I should lay everything out. One of the most helpful websites was: http://www.theactingwebsite.com/
Warren Sarross Series: Having choosen to film the videos in a mocumentary style I went away a looked a bit in to the film Spinal Tap, having not seen the film personally, I had to read a brief outline of the plot to grasp an understanding. As well as this I looked in to the orginal punk poet John Cooper Clarke, and read some of his poems to get an understanding of how he writes and what type of words to look for when my character is creating a poem.
http://www.johncooperclarke.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=36&Itemid=56
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088258/plotsummary
Other research sources:
- http://www.henryjenkins.org/2007/03/transmedia_storytelling_101.html%20
(An article from a universtiy lecture from america on Transmedia Storytelling)
- http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/cv/actorcv.htm (Another website on Acting CV's)
- http://futureartists.co.uk/2011/08/29/a-film-making-revolution-with-its-own-beat-the-digital-campfire/ (Mark Ashmores article on film making)
No comments:
Post a Comment